Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My sweet niece, Isabel

My sister got this note from Isabel's teacher - sooo sweet!

"I wanted to let you know (in case you didn't) that Isabel hadbrought in $10 and given it to a classmate who had mentioned that her family was "kind of poor." That comment may have been made because ofthe novel we're reading. The classmate then told Isabel that she wasn't needing the money ("not very poor"), but Isabel insisted that she keep it. That's where I first became involved yesterday. The classmate asked me to return it to Isabel, so the three of us got together and the money was returned after thanking Isabel for her very kind-hearted gesture. Isabel put the money in her backpack to take home. She seemed embarrassed, so I tried to downplay it, but I did want you to know."

No comments: