Sunday, August 12, 2007

Skipping Out

I should be at church right now, but I woke up late and didn't think I had the energy to get myself and both kids out the door on time. My mom left early this morning, so it's kind of nice to have a slow morning of "just us." Brian is working today. He expected to get off early, but someone else isn't coming in today, so once again our plans change!

Tomorrow we are going to my dad's for 3 days. He lives on a lake with a boat and wave runner. We don't feel like we go there and take advantage of it enough - so we planned a 3 day mini trip! I keep freaking out that I will be bored there, but Brian says that's okay! I just get tired of being outside, and my dad lives alone - thus, not a lot to keep me occupied there. I'm planning to bring photos to organize and put in albums and magazines.

Emily, I think, was born to live there. She rides on the boat with both arms out, embracing it all! And that kid is part fish. She had like 8 splinters from dad's dock after one visit. Run, jump, swim, repeat. :) This time she will be wearing swim shoes!

After having my mom here, my house is the closest to order it has been, maybe ever. This house is just sooo big, that I find it very hard to keep under control. (Plus, I never claimed to be an organized domestic diva) But I was telling Brian how it is so frustrating, that even feeling the house is pretty good now - there are still TONS of things I COULD do. Ughhh. In fact, many of my very organized friends would probably go into shock if they came and saw my version of order! I just get so overwhelmed by it so often!

1 comment:

Misty said...

Hi Ellen,
I love reading your blog. I can't believe how disciplined you are to write so frequently! I'm glad to hear you are all doing well. Sounds like you are having a busy summer!
Misty