Thursday, August 16, 2007

Emily's First Day of Pre-School

Today was Emily's first day of "Pre-Cub." She is attending 3 year old pre-school at our church. They have to wear uniforms, which is annoying - but quite cute! She announced that she did not want to go to school. (She has done the same with dance class and swim lessons. It is SO frustrating!) Anyway, we made it there. She only went for an hour today for the teacher's to assess their levels. She said they asked her colors and shapes. They had a snack of gold fish. They played simon says. She loved it!

Later today, during nap time. . . I was trying to nap while the girls did. . . Emily managed to poop her pants - make a mess trying to clean it up - and pull a towel rack out of the wall. I was ready to kill her! This child needs constant supervision and interaction. Suggestions any of you mom's out there? I was just so mad 1. at the mess 2 that i can't turn my back or rest!

Emily in her uniform and pigtails!

On our way to school!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

How exciting to go to school!! Way to go Emily! Wow it sounds like the afternoon was a "mess" though. You poor thing. We got lucky I guess because Brenley is sort of a loaner...and Landon, we just don't know yet. I know what it is like to just want to lay down and you can't...It sounds like a phase but if she's always needed attention then maybe not. She's trying to be a big girl and do things on her own but that in itself tries your patience!! Have a good day today!

Mike and Sarah said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the uniform. She is SO cute. And those pigtails.... adorable! Sorry about the poopy mess. I can't think of any practical advice for that one. Sorry. :(

Ken said...

WOW!I am so proud of my two litle princesses. They are just tremendous. What more could a grandpa want!? Emily, you look so cute. I am so proud of you. Listen to your teachers. Learn as much about Jesus as you can. He loves you so much! Ellen, hang in there. I agree with Melanie. Emily is just trying to grow up. These are just things. Things can be fixed or replaced. Your kids can't. Someday you will look back at these events with fond memories. Treasure them, even if they seem difficult at the time. They grow up so fast and will be gone before you know it.

Melanie said...

I forgot to mention also that
Emily looks totally adorable in the uniform!

Blaza said...

I am finally submitting and leaving comments!! Emily in that uniform is priceless! So is your story about the afternoon. I don't know what to say...it sounds like a nice little slice of life with the kiddos! Sorry...hopefully today will be a much better day.