Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Loooong Day

We had fun at the Colt's game last night. (If you know me well, you know I am NOT a sport's fan - and that is an understatement) But I was excited to realize (Brian told me) 1. this was the Colt's first home game and
2. the Bears were their opponent in the Superbowl (I didn't remember). It was just fun to be there. We only stayed for the first half. We got a bucket of popcorn as big as Emily. Oh yeah, and we got DRENCHED on our way from the parking garage to the game. Delightful!

Today was quite uneventful - but I didn't sleep well last night, which left me ill-equiped for my day! The kids were quite good today, but I just didn't feel like I had today "in me." I was tired and very unmotivated. (Unfortunately this describes me most of the time, which I HATE!)

Anyway, the girls got along well today. Madeline is saying "Emmy" (pronounced like mommy without the m - "ommy"). It is pretty much her first word when she wakes up and her last word at night. She LOVES her big sister! I will give her a snack and she will hold out the other hand and say, "Emmy?" wanting another one for sister.

I sorted out the girls treats for the cruise. I have bought some disney treats on sale and at dollar tree to give them throughout the cruise. I am also going to put a new toy in each of their backpacks for our travels. (things I bought them for their birthdays, but will give them early.) Madeline is getting a cute little plastic baby with a high chair and clothes that pop on. Emily is getting a view master with some extra discs. (I think she will LOVE this!)

Well, it is almost time to give the girls a bath and pass them on to Brian for bedtime!

No comments: