Saturday, August 25, 2007

So far, so good

Emily seems to be healthy - and no one else is sick . . . yet. I'll keep you posted!

Today has been a lazy day at home. After lunch, I filled up the kitchen sink with water and lots of dish soap, some bath toys - and set the girls up on kitchen chairs. They stood there and played for a LONG time! I highly recommend it! I kept telling myself, "it's just water." And it wasn't a big deal to soak up.

Afterwards, I gave them a bath and took a shower myself, so we are all clean!

I've told you all that Emily needs constant interaction / entertainment. . . so today I started on a plan. . . (I think the idea is from Sarah DV) I set a pampered chef timer and tell her that if she plays in her room for ___ min. that she will get a treat afterwards. It pretty much worked for 30 min. this morning. I would like to work up to 1 hour in the afternoon during Madeline's nap. We'll see!

No comments: