Friday, August 3, 2007

Brian's Trip Down Memory Lane

Today we stopped in Ann Arbor on our way to visit friends in Port Huron, Michigan.

Brian lived in Ann Arbor from age 3 to age 11. It was so fun for us to visit: His old house, His old church / school thru fifth grade, an old pizza place, etc. It was especially fun to have our kids play on the playground he frequented!

The drive up here seemed like it took FOREVER. . .
1. I am stressed in the car with my children

2. Brian's driving scares me.

3. It was a 4+ hour trip

I knew when we saw a sign that said, "Canada 9 miles" that my stress was justified! We had, in fact, almost driven out of the country. (This is where we were supposed to be - we weren't lost!)

Tonight we went and watched boats float by across from Canada as we ate dinner in Port Huron. It was beautiful, and the kids enjoyed themselves.

Tomorrow we plan to hit the beach!

Most of all, it is fun to spend time with friends who are "where we are at" meaning - parenting kids about our kids' ages. . . they have all the right toys, cups, etc - and we can commiserate!

1 comment:

Mike and Sarah said...

It seems sad that you were in my state and I didn't get to see you (although, I'm nowhere near Port Huron). Hope you guys survive the long trip home. Can't wait to hear more about your time!