Sunday, January 20, 2008

Weekend Stuff

So, Friday night our friends, Wes and Heather, came over and brought lasagna. We always love hanging out with them.

Saturday, we mainly hung out at home - though I ran errands for about 3 hours in the afternoon. I had several things to return, turned in my wedding ring to get sized - FINALLY - and went to the grocery store. This errand run EXHAUSTED me! I need to start doing some things in the evenings when Brian gets home - because the weekend needs to refresh me a little. I am so bummed out tonight knowing that tomorrow 5 days starts over again. It is overwelming - when normally it would be 2 days until he has 2 days off again.

Today we had church. It is FREEZING here. I mean C.O.L.D. Violated by mother nature cold. I took a nap with Emily this afternoon - then had to get up and rush around getting ready to have small group here. I made this yummy hawaiian bread sandwich (thanks Blaza - I also made your chip dip). And my 11 minute microwave cake. It all went over. Our 'lesson' was really good. First of all, each week we are having one couple tell their story - so that was fun and interesting. Then, we did a lesson - the series is "Nooma." It has a short video - then questions. I would highly recommend it. It brought out deep discussion and challenged. It was good. Especially if you are in a group that is between studies, as I think these can all stand alone. We got them from our church.

That's all from here. I finished a book in about 3 nights (before bed) last week - it was very thought provoking. I have a new one to start - so I'm off to bed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

I'll have to pick up both of those books, I'm looking for something new to read.

Your small group sounds like it is really good!