Saturday, January 26, 2008

Full day

Today was a good day.

I left after getting out of bed to get donuts from a local bakery. YUM!!!!

Jill was here until about 1pm. Brian and I left on our own again for about an hour to find more "detective clothes" for him. (It is not as fun as it sounds. . . he just needs more dress clothes after several years in a uniform!) It is fun to pick out ties! We especially found fun, reasonably priced ties at TJMaxx and Marshall's. I LOVE those stores!

This afternoon Daddy did more clothes shopping with Emily. Meanwhile, Madeline and I happily napped at home.

My friend, Jod, came over around 4. She brought her cute little busy body son. He loved playing wiht the girls. Did I mention that Jod is a massage therapist? I propose marriage every time she lays her hands on me. I may even break into Bon Jovi's "Lay your hands on me. . ." I loved that video (and song - don't tell!). They stayed for dinner after relaxing my entire upper body! Brian made this yummy pepperoni stuffed bread we have had several times. It is easy and delish. But for our family of 4 we need to make 2. Just so you know!

Tonight we did movie night - a tradition that started last week as Daddy's idea. We all cuddle up on the couch. We watched Cinderella tonight. Brian and I both agreed we had never seen it before. . . it was good.

Tomorrow we have church - and other than that can chill. (Though I think I have to go to the grocery. . . ughh!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had a busy but fun Saturday! Thanks for helping Jill comment!:)We watched Cinderella three a few days ago-it was fun beause the storyline changed!

Charis & Judah's Mom said...

You have never seen Cinderella???

Lisa said...

Movie night is a good tradition! And as they get older, you get to move away from the cartoons to some funny family films.
Hope you are feeling good and adjusting to your new schedule.

Anonymous said...

Ellen are you alive?!

Melanie said...

Just looked up the Pepperoni Bread on Amber's blog, it looks really good and would make a fun and easy dinner/lunch, i'll be trying it...and if it's "bugfam" tested, it's got to be good:) Hope you're feeling well:)