Monday, January 14, 2008

Snippets of our Day

Okay - so this 5 day a week thing is off to a start! My current baby steps goal is to do one special thing with the kids each day - I'm not talking the zoo - Today we had a picnic for lunch. . . meaning - paper plates on a blanket in the family room. But they thought it was fun. We all took a nap this afternoon - I was beat from the party! Tonight while giving the girls a bath - I asked if they thought our baby was a boy or a girl. Emily voted boy. Madeline voted girl. We go for our first ultrasound and dr. visit on Friday, which should be a relief!
Little Miss Madeline!
Tonight I went out to dinner with my dear friend Natalie - I LOVE her. she is so "easy." She gets along with everyone - and is just an amazing person. I am so thankful God crossed our paths 5 years ago. (is that right?) She came over and loaded my dishwasher while holding Emily after my first baby was born - and I will NEVER forget it! She sent me to shower and sleep. She is a TRUE friend! She has her own struggle with MS that has been quite a challenge lately - PRAISE THE LORD she is doing much better after some new medication. She is just such a gift and inspiration!

It was snowing reallly pretty in the picture - but you can't really tell.
Here is the gift she gave me tonight for my b'day - I LOVE it. It is from a cool boutique in Houston. . . A sweet little box with this cool key chain inside! Love it! Thanks, Natalie!
Posted by Picasa
I wanted to update you on what I got at Old Navy (pretend you care!) I got it all out tonight and counted it up:
All for the girls
26 shirts
1 pair of cutie boxers to sleep in
3 pair of winter jammies
4 pair of pants
1 winter coat
a scarf, gloves, hat
2 dresses
spent $130

6 comments:

Jul said...

Gotta love the additonal % off afte christmas! I hit a few stores a week or two back and it feels great to get a deal- it gets the adrenaline going!!

Charis & Judah's Mom said...

hey, you gotta call me when this sale hits every year! you are my link to the bargain knowledge...

Charis & Judah's Mom said...

and also, good for you with the special plans. today my kids watched while i folded mounds of laundry and loaded the dishwasher. it was very special for all of us.

Mike and Sarah said...

Cori... you crack me up!

Ellen... glad you got to get out with a friend and what a pretty key chain. Sounds like you're figuring out how to handle Brian's new schedule. It will seem "normal" in no time.

Becky Slagle said...

Lovin' the sales!! Thanks for the heads up...I headed there today and got my own pile of loot. :)

Blaza said...

I might try to go over to ON tomorrow. I have two gift cards from Christmas. Hopefully they will still have stuff.

It is Wed now...I hope you are doing okay. I guess tomorrow will be the real test since it will be day #4 (and one day past your usual long stretch). I agree that after a few weeks, I think you will settle in. Again...you are a wonderful mom and you can do it!! Plus, you can call any of us if you need some sanity. :)

Cori...also laughing so hard at your comment. Seriously, I am impressed that your kids will watch you fold laundry...mine love to toss the freshly folded items into their own piles. Lovely!