Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Life Happens

So, Friday evening life happened. My dad called to say that he has kidney cancer.

They plan to remove one of his kindneys on Feb. 12. It has been an anxiety filled weekend of processing all the info - and waiting for more test results that came yesterday. It looks like a fairly good situation - as good as one involving the word "cancer" can be. He seems to be handling it better than I am. I have felt sick to my stomach, tightness in my chest - just overall major anxiety!!!!

I AM doing better since the latest results and now that the date is set.

Plus - my major outlet - the internet - has not been an easy option for me. Our beloved laptop is on the fritz. Starting Monday morning the screen would not wake up. No matter how many prayers, cuss words, etc. Would.not.wake.up.

So, a friend is looking at it.

That is our life right now. It is a lot.

5 comments:

Gramps said...

Be assured I and my church group are praying for you and your Dad. Love you guys.

Sarah said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. We will keep your family in our prayers.

Traci said...

We'll be praying for God's healing, and for comfort for you too. Hang in there!

Deanna said...

Hi sweet friend. Know that I'm sending up a prayer for your dad... knowing that God can and does heal!!! Hang in there, dear one!

Elaine said...

I'm sorry to read the news about your dad. Now I know why the Lord prompted me to pray for him yesterday. I'll be watching your blog to get the news.