Friday, January 4, 2008

So far we're 1 for 3

We have been doing a sleep experiment at our household. . . trying to put Madeline in bed with Emily. . . you see, we only have 3 bedrooms - and soon we will technically need 4. So - someone must share. Instead of racing out to buy 2 twin beds, I thought I would try the girls together first. Emily has a double bed - it is an antique 4 post bed that was mine when I was growing up - it is a family antique. . . So, since I love the bed and already have bedding, I thought let's try this. . .

The first night - both girls ended up bawling.

The second night they chatted from 8pm until 10:30pm when we finally broke up the party by putting Maddie back into her crib.

Tonight so far so good. We put them to bed late and tired - so we'll see what happens!
Edited* so Emily ended up falling asleep in our bed (before we were in it) then was transported to her bed with little sis. . . and both ran in to wake me up this morning at 8:45 am - so cute, and not bad!


Tonight we had our first gathering of our new small group. Brian and I decided to start a new group. We have 2 other couples so far, and neither one has ever been in a small group at our church - so we are excited to be getting them more plugged in. Tonight I felt like we all had good chemistry. It was fun.

Okay - so this little guy - my Santa Gnome - I LOVE him. I spotted him at T@rget before Christmas - and wanted him at $40 - so imagine my joy, when I got him for $10 at 75% off. Yippee. For some reason I just love this little guy. He is the perfect colors for my downstairs and just makes me happy! He's about 2 feet tall.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Gramps said...

Way to go girls. Sleeping together can be lots of fun! Just be sure you don't spend all your time talking. Got to sleep. Love you girls! Gramps

Mike and Sarah said...

I'm excited to hear how last night went. Did they stay all night? Love the gnome!

Blaza said...

You crack me up with that gnome! I just didn't expect that as part of the post.
I just got word from Kerry on moving her girls into the same room. The first couple of nights they talked until about 10:00 or so, but K&B didn't break them up b/c they didn't want to put a negative cloud on the whole thing. She said that since then they have cut the chit chat shorter and shorter each night b/c the novelty has worn off. I think that is similar to Cori's experience. Anyway...maybe you guys are on a roll to something good.