Thursday, January 10, 2008

Hot Date

Last night was my birthday gift from Brian. When he planned it, he didn't realize we would be in the midst of job transition - but it was fun, just the same.

The plan (which was a suprise to me) was to first go to a paint your own pottery store, then chill for awhile, then go have dinner at a comedy club featuring Tammy Pescatelli.

So, the pottery place was closed for "winter break." ???? So, we ended up sitting and talking in Starbuck's for about an hour, waiting on the comedy show to open! We are NOT really cool Starbuck's people - so we had fun mocking those around us and taking it all in.

Okay - so we get to the comedy show - and it is "Ladies Night" - and my husband knows this. . . They usher us to our "reserved" seats - in the FRONT ROW - We were literally at the comedians' feet. It was terrifying for me. I did NOT want to be singled out and mocked publically! The REAL excitement was that the opening guy Ryan Hamilton - was someone we remembered from Last Comic Standing. He was AWESOME - I liked him better than Tammy. He was great. Tammy was good - but swore a lot - and quite un-necessarily - which gets on my nerves. Anyway - it was a fun night!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That sounds fun. Tammy was on the first season of Last Comic Standing.

Mike and Sarah said...

Glad you had a fun night. That's funny that the pottery place was closed for winter break. I can understand that happening the week of Christmas, but not in January. Funny. Mike and I went to see a comdedian/magician when we were on our honeymoon. We were singled out and up on stage with three other couples the entire time. He mostly picked on Mike, so I was off the hook.

Jul said...

HOw fun - it is amazing how fun it can be to just go out with your spouse to even sit and have coffee-uninterrupted!! We have not been to a comedy club in ages- great idea!