Friday, January 11, 2008

Fun Evening

So . . . today was somewhat of a lazy day. I took a long nap to recover from my long week. (Brian was off today due to his schedule getting regulated from 12 hour days to 8 hour days). I also ran some errands this afternoon. Okay - so I had 2 fun surprising experiences today:

1. Starbucks. I got 3 giftcards for Christmas - so I can go get my drink guilt free - So I went through the driveway - ordered my drink - left - took a sip - YUCK - it had coffee in it. Can you imagine? At Starbuck's???? So, I looped around. Well, they upgraded my drink to a vinti - AND gave me a coupon for a free drink. Isn't that great? Good customer service makes me so happy!

2. Tonight my dad stopped by. He just returned from taking my older sister and her family to Disneyworld. He stopped in - gave each of my girls a t'shirt from disney - which they wore to dinner. Then, he took us to dinner at Red Robin. We had a 30 min. wait for our table - to entertain Emily, Papaw let her play the "claw game" where you try to pick up a stuffed animal. Not just ANY stuffed animal - but Mickey and Minnie Mouse. . . So, they failed - but another guy waltzes up and gets a Minnie - which upset Emily - and gave her more drive to win her own. Well, at .50 a pop - it ends up being a rather expensive cheap stuffed animal, you know? Anyway - we gave up. Later, while we were eating - the man walks up - gives Emily the Minnie he won - and gives Madeline a Mickey he must have gone back and won for her. I couldn't believe it. As silly as it seems - things like this give me a little more faith in people!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that they liked their shirts! I helped to pick them out. I updated my blog :-)

Melanie said...

Wow, there are nice people still left in this crazy world. Glad to hear you had a relaxing day. We're up and running with our laptop...I'm excited!!!