Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Bonanza

Today was a F.U.N. day for me.

Melanie and I went to a craft bazaar at 9am this morning. Her husband was cranky today about our plans . . . and kept calling the bazaar "the bonanza." Which we had a lot of fun with throughout the morning. Anyway - it was so fun. We did it for the first time last year. We bought some fun Christmas gifts and some fun treats for us. At one point I called my husband to run a pricey purchase by him - and he actually answered the phone by saying, "Do you really need it?" Does he know me or what?

Then, we went to lunch at Red Robin. . . then we hit a few stores. I love Melanie. I am so glad that she ordered Mary Kay from me a few years ago - so we could meet!

This evening I went to a Christmas party hosted by my friend. There were over 30 women there - it was crazy. (no alcohol.)

(Have you ever seen the SNL skit with my beloved Chris Farley - it is an info-mercial for hair products - and he keeps saying, "And there's NO ALCOHOL" with this Chicago accent?) Love it.

Anyway - as usual in this type of setting my sense of humor was in overdrive, and I potentially made an "donkey" out of myself. There is something about my personality - I can be "so funny" in my mind - but afterwards I think, "Why didn't you get a grip and SHUT UP?" Anyway! It was still a fun night wiht GOOD FOOD!

3 comments:

Jul said...

Love, love craft bazaars! I always mean to go to one near us at the Del Webb community but it comes and goes each year. Before I had kids I went alot at the holidays! So fun!! There is always something cool to get!
Ironic you bring up Chris Farley- my husband and I caught Tommy Boy on TV the other night!! LOL

Melanie said...

I'm so glad to hear the Christmas party went well. I think that's great that your friend does it. For people who would otherwise not have a "company" party to go to around the holidays, it's too fun!! Was she in her party dress??? Had so much fun at the bonanza and the rest of our time too. I'm looking forward to our third annual! I love you too:)

Lisa said...

Oh Ellen,
If only I could have gone to the party with you...I take the title of 'donkey' who should SHUT UP every time.
My husband always says that the only one that thinks I'm funny, is me!
I'm glad you had a fun day, though, and I bet you WERE really funny at the Christmas party!