Friday, November 30, 2007

Emilyisms

Brian asked Emily, 4, to do something the other day.

(I can't remember what, but I'm sure it was, "Would you please pick _____ up." or something like that)

And she responded: "No can do."

Lately, she insists on saying our mealtime prayer. She starts with a song from pre-school, "Fold your hands and close your eyes, it's time to talk to God." She then says something like:

Dear Father (I almost died the first time she said that)

Thank you for making today turn into a good day

Thank you for dying on the cross for our sins
And for going to the grave and getting your body back

(At this point - Brian points to his plate)

And thank you for our food. AMEN.

This whole time, Madeline has her eyes closed as tightly as she can. If dinner is good, she is slowly opening her eyes to take bites - if it is resistable -her hands are folded the whole time.

Precious things I don't want to forget.

4 comments:

Mike and Sarah said...

Passion's prayer was so sweet!!! The fact that she learned her little prayer-song at school makes me really wish that Micah was at a Christian pre-school.

Jul said...

What a great prayer! RaRa did a Thansgiving prayer when she was 5 that was very thoughtful but the end is what everyone remembers...
"and thank you for all my family and the ones who came today that I know did not RSVP because I helped mom make the place cards- please help them to RSVP next time so they can have a place card..." Everyone thankfully laughed (of course my husbands side of the family that believes RSVP does not apply to them :))

Mother/Grandma Sharon said...

I love Emily's singing her preprayer song. She seems to have a beautiful voice!

Blaza said...

I know you just shared that story with me but it is still fun to hear. I also love the post by Jul...that is classic!