Saturday, November 10, 2007

With the Girls

I'm reporting from my girls' weekend.

Friday I got to the hotel early and napped then read until my friends arrived.

There were 7 of us until Sat. night when the 8th arrived. We ate Mexican, then hung out at the hotel until midnight talking and LAUGHING.


Saturday - slept in. Breakfast in hotel.

Lunch at Olive Garden - my fave! Then we walked around the University of Illinois seeing Steph's stomping ground. (One of the bank girls is getting her doctorate here in history!)

Sarah DV and I went back to the hotel to chill while the others went to a movie. Then our final friend arrived. We ate Thai food for dinner. The waiter dumped water on Blaza - very funny. We got Baker's Square pie and went back to the hotel to partake and to chat more. Went to bed at midnight exhausted!

Today I got up, ate brunch with the girls. Said good-bye to most of them. Cori and I hit the mall for a couple of hours. It was fun. Then I drove home. It is good to be home - I love my family.

It is also good to be with friends who know and love you - scars and all!



This is the littlest bank girl that joined us this weekend! Miss Mary Kate. Isn't she precious?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are having fun!

Blaza said...

I love us!! Thanks Ellen for the pictures.

I am glad that your finally got to go to the mall! :) We got back smoothly...so fun to see the fam.

It was SO great to spend time with you this weekend!!

Deanna said...

Loved seeing pictures of you and the Bank girls! What fun!!! :)

Melanie said...

So glad you had a fun weekend!