Monday, December 17, 2007

Tour of Homes

I am participating in Boomamas Christmas Tour of Homes. . . So, here goes! This Snowman is in our back yard keeping watch!

Here is our fresh, cut down ourselves Christmas tree. It looks a little crooked. There aren't many ornaments toward the bottom (we have 2 cats) And our 4 year old actually helped hang ornaments. It is not perfect, but it is ours - and represents us! I have always been into the "ornaments from way back when" tree, rather than the "we bought these aren't they pretty" tree, anyway! If only you could see the star on top - it is hopelessly crooked - but represents our family life with 2 young ones so perfectly, that I left it!
Our stockings are hung by the chimney with care. This is where we will leave Santa's treat - and this year, Emily has decided to leave him muffins, instead of cookies. When we visited him at the mall, he said that would be great! (Emily hung the blue stocking on top of the third stocking - claiming it is for her stuffed cat, Gray Gray.)
This is my favorite nativity scene. It is cutesy - but I love it!!! I think I purchased it when I was on my own after college.
This is one of my favorite gifts of all time. It is from an art show - from my in-laws. I leave it out year round. . .
This year we have these ADORABLE Gingerbread houses out - we got to make them at our wonderful neighbor's house! I love them!!!!

This is a Snowman Garland that my mom made me - I love it - and have it hanging on the window in my dining room. . .


And finally - here is your treat - it is SO EASY to make- in fact - my four year old made these yesterday! Place pretzels on a cookie sheet. Place a kiss or hug on each pretzel. Place in oven at 200* until the tips melt - then pull them out and push a peanut m&m onto each one!!! Enjoy!

Thanks for stopping in!

16 comments:

Miss Patti said...

Yummy

Unknown said...

your pictures are great, everything looks beautiful!

I have made those before too, so easy and yummy!

Hootin Anni said...

You just can't beat the two with their gingerbread homes! They're tops.

My holiday slide show tour is THIS WAY

Jenni said...

I love the garland your mom made! Everything looks so cute, especially your girls! TFS!

ellen b. said...

I love the snowman garland. Love the expression on daughters face. And the treats look great! Blessings...

Dene said...

So very adorable!

Sunny said...

Very cute!! I'll have to try the prezel thing...yum!

Lisa said...

Everything looks beautiful!
I LOVE your mantel and the photos on it!

Southern Heart said...

Your home looks lovely...so warm and welcoming! And your daughters are beautiful!

Merry Christmas,

Andrea

Blaza said...

Good job friend! Everything looks great!

Queen of My Domain said...

Everything looks great and just as it should when you have small children. Our star is hopelessly crooked also. But I think the pictures of your girls and the gingerbread houses are adorable. You can still see frosting on the little one's mouth. LOL!!

Mike and Sarah said...

Your decorations are great! I'm impressed that you can keep wrapped gifts under the tree. Mine would be unwrapped within minutes.

Dawn said...

What a quaint little home you have this time of year! Love it!

And the recipe looks yummy!!!

Thank you for inviting me into your home!

Merry Christmas from Dawn in Germany!

Jennisa said...

Soooo cute! Your girls are super adorable!

Merry Christmas!

Jul said...

Such great decorating!! I love it!! Thanks for sharing!

His Doorkeeper said...

Love your black and white pctures on your mantel. Your home is lovely and you have a sweet little famiy! Thanks for sharing with us! The little treats are so easy and cute! Blessings to you all!