Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Party at Pre-school

Today I went with Emily to school for her Christmas Party. . . which really means that I go for the whole 3 hours. It helps that I have made friends with one of the mom's - so I have a friend there, too. It is always fun to play with Emily and see her in her element. Here is Emily sitting in her cubby.

And here she is with her teacher! Isn't her teacher cute?

Eating birthday cake for Jesus.
They played musical chairs to get their exchange gift under the seat they landed in. . . Emily was THRILLED to receive a princess book.
Soapbox alert: I am SO TIRED of the whole "happy holidays" thing. . . Why is it that everyone argues for tolerance - except where Christians are involved??? I am so sick of people crapping on Christians in every area. . . Huckabee (who I don't even know much about) is being persecuted for an add with a bookcase and Christmas lights in it. (They claim the bookcase looks like a cross - subtle message. . . and that the 3 strands of lights stand for the trinity - SERIOUSLY?) Anyway - at the zoo - the dolphin show was all about the "holidays." And it just frustrated me - "things we enjoy for the holidays - getting together with family and friends, food, etc" - I kept saying, "church" - etc. . . ughhh. Thank you for letting me rant. :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Misty said...

i SO agree Ellen!

Anonymous said...

I am sick of people saying "Happy Holidays" too. It is really fun when I can talk to Passion on the phone about things that are happing to her!

Jul said...

What a fun day to be a part of !! I totally agree about the "happy holidays" too! Christmas isn't a bad thing- whatever happened to religious tolerance...Plus even if you are not of any faith Christmas would be all about Santa...Not sure when saying Merry Christmas became so offensive!