Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Big Girl Bed

Can it be? My BABY in a big girl bed??? Our neighbors let us borrow their toddler bed . . . Today Brian set it up - and voila - BIG GIRL. She thought it was sooo cool tonight when we set it up with her mattress and covers and buddies!


Do you think she sleeps with enough friends?

Getting Emily into a big bed has been the most traumatic part of parenting for us so far - we'll see how tonight goes with Madeline. I am not above tossing her little tush back into the crib if she can't handle the new found freedom!
Okay - so - she is asleep - IN HER CRIB. Brian put her to bed - and said she acted like the new bed was on fire when he tried to lay her in it . . . so - back into the crib she goes. (Maybe until she graduates)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mike and Sarah said...

OK, your little Delight is precious! I mean, really!! It is so sweet how many stuffed animals she sleeps with. And that's the same toddler bed we have for Samuel. I always think it's traumatic to get a child out of the crib. With Samuel we kept the pack 'n play set up in his room for about a month and any night he started struggling, we would give him the choice of where he wanted to sleep. After about a month, he always chose the big boy bed. I truly hope that Delight transitions much better than Passion did!

Lisa said...

very cute! I love the pic where she is sshhhhhing with her finger.
I have a kid that sleeps with a bed full of friends too!

Melanie said...

F-U-N-N-Y!! I wish I could say the same about Brenley but would you beleive she still cries when she wakes up and doesn't get out of bed until we come get her? Amazing, I know but kind of a pain if I'm still sleeping!! She's so cautious. Landon on the other hand is about 2 months away from climbing out of his crib...he's our curious one!! That's nice you could borrow a big girl bed to see how it will go. Good luck!

Jul said...

So cute!!! My 2 yr old just moved up to the big bed and she has her 8 closest stuffed animal friends in a row with her 4 favorite blankies she cannot go anywhere without :) Thank for stopping by my blog :)