Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Necessities

This is Emily's beloved "blankie." I bought it for her at Kohl's. (I can't remember if she was born yet or not) It is so super soft - luckily we have 2 that we rotate. And on occasion when Emily finds them both - OH HAPPY DAY!!! "I have TWO blankies!!!!"
And in a supporting -but crucial role - are her "buddies." They must all sleep with her. They must all come downstairs every morning. She says, "Mommy, you carry the big buddies and I'll get the little ones." And I do. And she does. Indulge me in introducing them by name. In the front row is:
Daddy puppy - was Brian's before she was born
Brown kitty - Christmas gift when she was 1
Gray Gray - impulse buy by me at Hallmark - started this whole thing
Puppers - spoiling gift from me
Row 2
Aunt Jill Puppy - we bought him for her - brought him to her and home with us in the same day
no name - bought at holiday world this year
pink pink - hallmark store - she picked him out for her birthday
Princess - finally - and original name. Grandma Bonnie bought him at the Children's Nuzaum
Row 3:
Black kitty #1 and #1 - aunt Jill got them for 10 cents at Target clearance
Brown Brown - from Holiday world 2 years ago - for some reason a FAVORITE
No name - a puppy she stole from Maddie
These are Madeline's best buds. We also have 2 of her blankie - both purchased by aunt Jill - one for a baby gift (as was "kitty" or "neow" as she now calls him) We bought a second blankie from Ebay out of necessity! :) I just felt like these family members deserved some blog time! Maddie is also attached to a baby she got from her birthday (Thanks Abshires!) We call him "Baby Jack."
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mike and Sarah said...

I LOVED this post. Sweet Emily. I loved that you took a picture and named every single one. Someday you'll look back on this to help you remember. Doesn't it seem weird that someday these things that are SO important now, will just be a memory?

Anonymous said...

Wow! I think Emily has gotton more buddies since I last saw her!