Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Lost: diamond earrings

So . . . several days into our cruise, I realized I had lost my diamond earrings Brian bought me last year. . . I had a make-up bag with jewelry in it - but everything else was much bigger. So, I figure that once I dumped all my jewelry out on the bed - and forgot that my tiny diamond earrings were inside - so - they seemed to be gone. Finally, on the last night, we tried to tear apart the area on my side of the bed to find them - and . . . . . . I FOUND. . . . ONE.

Do they sell diamond earrings individually? They might. Well, in a last ditch effort - Brian asked the cleaning lady for the vacuum bag just in case.

Well, last night he finally went through the bag (an easy job to put off, you can imagine!) He was on the front porch digging through muck -when he started wildly banging on the window. . .

HE FOUND THE OTHER EARRING. I consider this a MIRACLE! The back is gone - but who cares! He is taking them to be cleaned today. Isn't this crazy!?!

2 comments:

Mike and Sarah said...

Unbelievable! Hopefully that's a bright spot to your day!

Melanie said...

Wow, that is great you found them both! I think we've decided that Brian doesn't read your blog (remember the digital camera?). "Everything else was much bigger" & "tiny diamond earrings"...I love how you described them in your post...given our diamond comparing history:) What am I talking about...I just got lucky with an ex-brother-in-law that trades dental services for jewelry and a generous boss!