Monday, October 8, 2007

Update on me

one more thing: I wanted to let you know that I had another blood test today - they want my HCG level to drop to zero. . . . Last monday it was 200 - by Wed. it should have doubled if my pregnancy was healthy - it had dropped to 89. Today it was 8. I never thought I would be excited to see it go down - but I just want this pregnancy done so we can move on! I have to give blood again next week so they can be sure it drops all the way.

I bought a blanket to remember the baby today. Kind of sad, but special. I'm doing okay emotionally. It makes me sad that Emily brings it up quite a bit - especially in prayers. Today at lunch she prayed for our baby boy and girl. Brian said, "I think she just asked for twins!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I know exactly how you must feel. It makes my cry to read about your loss. I do remember after my loss, I just wanted things to resume as normal as well - so we could move on. I want you to know that you and your family are in my prayers.

-Abby

Mike and Sarah said...

The blanket sounds like a great idea. I will continue to pray for you as you process through this and help Emily process through it as well.

Amanda said...

I have a little crocheted baby hat that a friend gave me after my loss. I put it, along with a few other things that remind me of that baby in one of those photo boxes from Michael's. I decorated it with stickers that spelled out the name we chose for that baby (Noah James...too early to know, but we felt it was a boy), along with some other words that made me think of him. I journaled about those days and put that in the box too.