Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Update

Friends - I am going to have to spice up the ole blog - or ya'll are gonna quit me! :)

Here is an update on us:

My dad had his follow-up appointment on Tuesday. His cancer was level 3 - the most aggressive type - bad news. So- next week he will meet with an oncology urologist about the potential for chemo or radiation - bummer!

Brian has been on call since Friday - and it has been crazy. Sunday he had a "dead body at Comfort Inn." (A guy had killed himself - and Brian and another det. had to tell the guy's wife - Bri said it was "traumatic!") His call ends on Friday morning. We are ready! Everytime his cell phone rings I fear!

I am dealing better with the 5 day week schedule - it is just a bummer that we can't do so many fun family things.

An old friend (actually of my sister's) is going to disciple me. I'm excited (and scared) about it. We are starting next week - as I start a Beth Moore study at my church next Monday. (the first I've ever done). I know this will be a challenge but good for me.

Oh,

March 12 is my ultrasound day - when we will find out if it is a Boy or a Girl!

4 comments:

Mike and Sarah said...

I cannot imagine having to tell someone that their husband died. WOW!!!

Glad to hear you're adjusting to the schedule better.

Melanie said...

I marked your ultrasound down on my calendar:)

Sarah M. said...

I've enjoyed catching up with you via your blog. So fun!

I am excited to find out what March 12th holds for you guys.

What a sweet husband to give you such a thoughtful Valentine's gift. I have to say we didn't get any exchanging done around here.

Miss you!

Blaza said...

I have been off the blogs for a few days...That was a lot of info!

The Brian thing is totally traumatic...do they get training on how to handle that, or was that his on-the-job training?

The news about your dad is huge as well. I want to hear more about how he is doing next time we talk.

Can't wait for the ultrasound news!

Talk to you soon...Love, Blaza