Thursday, February 7, 2008

Tough times

I wanted to fill you all in on a few things:

I am not posting to elicit sympathy. I just had that post in me and wanted to get it written out.
But, thank you much for your thoughtful words. They made me cry. They encouraged me. But, unfortunately, when you have that deep seated belief - it doesn't seem others words are affective. I wish I knew what was affective!

I have greatly limited my reader list. I have offed all relatives. I just want to be free to write what I want without judgement.

This has just een a tough couples of weeks. When things get hard - I just want to shut down and sleep.

So, I was already reeling from my dad's cancer when my mom dropped her loving words.

Here's what you need to know about my mom. She is VERY non-nurturing. She is VERY negative. She is VERY critical. She is a hard worker. She is very creative. But she cares more about doing and and accomplishing than people. Her words do not surprise me - but they still hurt and offend me.

My dad's surgery is Tuesday at 2:30pm on the north side of Indy. He is to be there at noon. Brian is taking the day off to be there with me. His dad is watching the kids. We are fairly set.

That is the scoop from here.

1 comment:

Misty said...

We will be praying for your dad. Please keep us updated!