Saturday, February 2, 2008

Long Nights, Long Days

Brian's schedule may be the end of me. He is working 5 days in a row now. (We have established how hard THAT transition has been for me. . . ) And he also worked overtime (extra security for a separate company) BOTH nights this weekend - ALL NIGHT. This means he sleeps a big chunk of the next day - and is typically cranky. I need a break - and a tired, cranky, over-worked husband added to a tired, cranky, over-worked wife is not a good combo. Needless to say - today was a rough day. We ended it with dinner at Pizza King and groceries at Meijer. Meijer had this WONDERFUL cart that played cartoons for the kids. I could go off on technology and can't kids just shop wihtout a tv, etc - but it CHANGED MY LIFE. I haven't ever had such a great shopping experience with kids. I highly recommend the carts. Brian pointed out at the end that they cost $1. I probably wouldn't have gotten one if I realized this. So, actually, I stole it. . . but after shopping with it - I was tempted to tip the thing a $5. You need to try this!
I came home and threw the girls in the tub for a quick bath (it was already passed bedtime)
Little Miss Madeline got some new jammies at Meijer - so cute.
I love when they are clean and smelling good!

Note on last post: I thought you all would think I was CRAZY - and you all pull out the "you are such a cool mom." So funny! That was something I had seen done I think at church camp back in the day - and it is seriously hilarious. You have to be purposely expressive with your mouth. It is great entertainment.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I wish you weren't still struggling with the new schedule, I'm so sorry. Hope your Sunday was better:)