Monday, July 23, 2007

Hello out there . . .

If you are reading this - will you leave me a comment?????

THANKS!

It has been a fun two days with Steph here. Yesterday she went to church with us. Then, last night she and I went to PF Chang's. It was fun! By the way - she looks AWESOME!

Today Steph hit the town around 11am to visit with old friends, and it is 8:30pm and she is still out. Tomorrow she is apt hunting in Illinois.

The girls are starting to fight more. It is so frustrating. They want whatever toy the other one has. Any advice from mom's of dueling toddlers?

This week is our county fair, so we hope to get over there one day.

Next week, Emily is to spend the entire week with my sister and her 3 girls. I feel a little afraid of letting her go for that long, but predict she will have the absolute time of her life! She LOVES her cousins!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Ellen, I'm here!! I signed up so I could post comments to your blog. We went to the county fair Sunday, it was great. We ate our way through it which is my favorite part:) I would treasure next week when Emily goes to your sis's to spend some quality time with Maddie and reflect on how deep down inside you really do love it when they fight over everything...you should see Landon take swings at Brenley when she's irritating him...finally we just give up and start laughing at them, probably not the best model for them but it helps us get through it!

Mike and Sarah said...

I have a couple of things I do when the boys fight over the same toy. Sometimes I will set the timer for 5 minutes, when the timer goes off the other one gets a turn. This does not always solve the whining and fighting. When that's the case, I put the toy away for about a week. I explain that the toy is going away b/c they can't play with it nicely. When I bring the toy back out, if there's still lots of fighting, it gets put back away again. Eventually they do begin to start playing nicely for fear of losing all their toys!

Charis & Judah's Mom said...

Wow. Sarah is smart. I'm reading! I have no advice for you, since my children are perfect angels who never fight over anything, ever. ;)