Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Family day



Yesterday we went to the fair after supper. The girls loved seeing all the animals. Emily got to pet several horses, cows, and a bunny. Madeline even pet the bunny. She is getting braver!! We didn't get home until almost 11pm!

This morning, Brian woke Emily up to take her to the "free movie." They saw Charlotte's Web. Then, this evening we broke out our croquet set. (We have had it for years) Emily has been requesting to play it, after seeing a spirited game on Max and Ruby. I have some cookies in the oven right now, and the girls are playing in the sandbox!

Brian works all night tonight watching over the new high school being built. So, I'll be sleeping alone. Unless, of course, Emily finds out and comes to join me!

4 comments:

Becky Slagle said...

Hey Ellen,

I've been enjoying you're blog. I'm not very hip with this sort of thing so I'm just now figuring it all out. When you began your blog, you inspired me to try it out as well; thanks for the inspiration! We're excited to see you guys soon!

Becky

Mike and Sarah said...

You're funny. You know you have more than 4 people who read your blog! Thanks for the nice comment you left on my blog!

Melanie said...

you've almost got me hooked on starting my own too. I love reading your blog! The highlight with the animals at the fair for us was when the brave one of the family (ME) decided to show the rest of the family that is was OK to pet a horse, he had just taken a drink and right as i went to pet him he sneezed and made the "horse" sound and shook water all over me...Tony, Brenley and Landon found that really funny, me, not so much..

Shannon said...

Hi Ellen. Thanks so much for sending me your blog info again. I have saved your's as a favorite, so I will checking back often. It has been so good to catch up!