Tuesday, July 3, 2007

A Busy Day

We started today with swim lessons and ended with fireworks!

Emily did great in swim lessons, though she told us she did NOT want to go. She was fine once we got there. After that, we went to a favorite local breakfast spot of mine - Flapjacks for brunch.

When we got home, the girls and I chilled to cartoons while Brian did 2 hours of overtime. . . then Madeline and I took a nap while Brian took Emily with his friend, Wes, to pick up a load of mulch. They put tons of mulch in our front flowerbed, around trees, etc. It looks great.

Then we headed to Wes's parents' house to swim. They guys brought dinner - so we swam, ate, etc. I was SO PROUD of my girls - Emily has always been a fish - but that kid kept going underwater over and over again. Even trying to do strokes with her arms and kicking. It was awesome. And my little scaredy cat, Madeline - was so brave tonight. She was loving the water. At one point Brian and I were throwing her back and forth between us - she liked it, splashes and all!

Then we parked near our mall for fireworks. . . They lasted 40 minutes! I couldn't believe it. Emily plugged her ears the whole time. Maddie pointed and "ooooh" ed. The highlight was when Brian took Emily into the weeds to pee. . . he came back to tell us - "I thought I was holding her up high enough, until I noticed that a long weed was tickling her hiney." We laughed and laughed!

Well, it is past my bedtime! Tomorrow Brian works from 6am - 6pm - so I guess today was our holiday! :)

No comments: