Sunday, May 11, 2008

Pre-school Program


Emily had a year end program on Thursday night. We had 3 grandparents and an Aunt Jill & Uncle George in tow. Emily has not been a real stage girl in the past - so we wondered how it would go. . . She started out so cute - she kept pulling her dress out like in the second picture. . . and she fully participated in singing and motions . . . 

UNTIL the song before her starring role. She started to look afraid. . . she then did the role of the spider in the "Eensie Weensie Spider" with seriousness and concentration - then she was toast.

She was done participating in the rest of the program and sat looking like this:

The sweet girl - after the program we all went on and on "You did SO!"  etc etc.  Then on the drive home I said, "Emily - you did so great - but I noticed that after your part you seemed to stop singing and doing the motions.  Why?"
She said, "I just saw all the people and got scared."
A girl after my own heart. . . 

1 comment:

Mike and Sarah said...

Like I said on the phone... that sounds just like something my firstborn would do. Kids are so funny.