Saturday, August 16, 2008

Eddie the Gnome

Brian came home from work giddy a few days before my delivery. The detectives have a gnome, Eddie - who goes on vacation with whoever is going on vacation - and comes back with photos of his adventure - that are posted in the detective office. . . Brian taught me a new term "stay-cation" - when you take time off but stick around town. So, though Brian was on a "stay-cation" Eddie hadn't ever been in an OR - and the time had come! So, Eddie was a part of Kate's birth. Imagine my joy when my husband is elaborately planning a photo shoot for . . . . not Kate, but EDDIE. Oh my! The second shot is of my OB helping get Eddue ready for the OR - she thought it was great. Geesh.



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mike and Sarah said...

Crack me up!!! You are a good sport to let Eddie take part in your day.

Melanie said...

OMG!! Even though I've seen those, I am laughing my head off!

Anonymous said...

That is stinkin hilarious! And a tad bit creepy, too... :)

E said...

I love "stay-cation's"! Have you ever watched "Corner Gas"? You have to be in the right mood, but that's where I first heard the term. Hysterical that the Detectives have "Eddy the gnome"! I love it! :)