Saturday, August 16, 2008

Meeting Miss Kate

Since my first c-section with Emily was rough, I was quite anxious going into the OR. You can imagaine my excitement when a friend from a spiritual retreat I attended a few years ago was one of my main nurses. She greeted a crying Ellen at the OR door and proceeded to pray for me in a circle with 3 other Christian nurses that would be a part of our event. Pretty cool. It is just, honestly, an uncomfortable, semi- scary experience. I just want to hear the baby cry - know she is fine - and be stitched up! Add to that me having my tubes tied, which I had weird emotions about - and it was just anxious. . . So, when Miss Kate came out, oh my did she cry! That girl has had her lungs from the start! She cried and cried. No question that she was breathing fine - she was wailing! :)
Daddy and his little girl - Brian has seemed to have a special connection with Kate from the start, which I love.
My beloved Dr. Fenoughty and screaming Kate!
Talking to my new baby girl. . .
Brian calling and talking to Emily about her new sister!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Becky Slagle said...

congratulations!!! i'm so glad things went smoothly; i would have been a wreck myself! love you guys!
becky