Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Dancing with Daddy

This nearly put me over the edge tonight - Emily put on this new slip I bought for their dress up (garage sale!) And daddy didn't miss an opportunity to dance with his little girl. At one point he said, "you don't need to step, I'll step for you." as her feet were on his - and it nearly made me sob. Brian also commented that they may dance like this someday at her wedding. "I want to marry YOU, daddy," was Emily's reply. I was clicking away at the camera, trying to drink in the moment. I've found myself doing that a lot the past few days - knowing that life will be wonderful and full with Kate - but trying to fully remember and embrace this life we have shared for 3 years with Emily and Madeline. I went through the same sadness when Madeline was almost here - and that clearly worked out! :)



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I teared up...awww that is too sweet. I know what you mean about having the new one and letting a little more of the older ones go. They are some lucky girls, all three of them. And the parents...they're pretty amazing!

Anonymous said...

PRECIOUS! And yep, the prego hormones are going here too...tears in my eyes! :)