Wednesday, June 27, 2007

SOOOOOOOOOOO Proud!

I am so proud of my man!

I got to attend an Optimist Club dinner tonight to see Brian receive:

The Optimist Club Officer of the Year Award

I was / am so proud of him!

The Chief of Police presented the award and had this to say about him (I took notes!):

"Brian has a positive attitude. He exemplifies professionalism. He is a great individual to be around. He follows up on his own reports. (this means he takes extra steps on his own, rather than passing it on to detectives) He recovered $400 in a fraud case recently while following up. (Brian doesn't know what he's talking about!) He contributes a lot to the police department's professional image."

After Brian sat down from receiving his plaque, a fellow officer leaned over and said, "you deserve it, man" and proceeded to tell Brian that this award is one of the biggest honors to receive. It was just so cool to be there and see Brian be honored for being a hard-working man of integrity! Years ago when I was interviewed as a part of his hiring process, I told the commissioners that Brian would be a police officer that would make the department look better - and I was right!

No comments: