Saturday, April 12, 2008

What a Friday

Okay - so here was our original plan for Friday:
Jill would come to babysit the girls
Brian and I would drive to Champaign, IL
We would meet Steph for dinner
We would see comedian, Amy Schumer perform at Univ of Illinois
We would spend the night in a hotel
We would drive home Saturday

Complications:
No hotel rooms available in Champaign due to "Mom's weekend"
Amy Schumer can't make it to IL due to the flight cancellations

How it turned out:
We ended up getting a hotel room in Danville, IL (before knowing the show was cancelled)
We went ahead and met Steph at a GREAT steak restaurant near Danville
So - we still go to see and hang out with my dear friend
(Danville is only an hour away instead of an hour and 45 - so that was better since we didn't need to go to Champaign anymore!)
We had a peaceful night's sleep without children
We drove home late morning

Steph and I
Brian and I felt pressure to get our picture taken outside the restaurant since this was our big outing!!! :)

Today when we got home we did some cleaning / organizing - but also chilled out.

We decided to go out to dinner then to Sat. night church - because - Brian is working form 10pm until 6am tonight doing security. So, I am REALLY alone tonight! :) Tomorrow Brian will sleep in - and I have more organizing I want to accomplish with the girls gone!

The girls are coming home tomorrow afternoon. I think Aunt Jill and Uncle George will be more than ready to return them!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: