Thursday, April 3, 2008

40 things I love about Brian


I was inspired by Nitty Gritty to come up with 40 things I love about my husband - here goes:

1. He provides for our family by working hard at his job.

2. He puts on the kids pj's and tucks them in - every night!!!!

3. He urges us to be financially responsible so we will have a secure future.

4. He plays endless games of Go Fish with Emily.

5. when he calls Madeline "baby doll."

6. He doesn't complain about working over time for extra money.

7. He has always made sure we go to church - even when I don't feel like it.

8. He reads his Bible every morning before work.

9. His laugh. (the first thing I loved about him)

10. He looks so cute in jeans.

11. He makes a mean homemade milkshake.

12. He lets me ask endless questions about his cases and cop stuff.

13. When he was fired - he found another job immediately so we would be okay. (working for a temp agency in a factory!)

14. He is a great dad.

15. He does A LOT around the house to help keep it less cluttered!

16. His out-going and friendly personality.

17. His desire to hang out with friends (even mine)

18. He doesn't complain about bank girl weekends

19. He also looks really cute in boxer briefs (did I just say that?)

20. He lets me ask endless questions during shows and movies - mainly - "what did he say?"

21. He tells the girls, "be good for your mama."

22. His willingness to give people the benefit of the doubt / see the best in people

23. I love when we get to go to dinner alone

24. He lets me pick where to eat out almost all the time.

25. The way he gets his outfit out the night before work.

26. He's my gift.

27. He folds the laundry.

28. He is quick to say "I'm sorry."

29. He delivers Mary Kay for me!

30. Sometimes he makes up a batch of brownies out of the blue.

31. He is coming to terms with being comletely out-numbered in this family.

32. When Maddie was born he gave me a dozen red roses with two pink ones thrown in for the 2 girls.

33. When we were dating he gave me a locket with a childhood picture of each of us in it. One of my favorite gifts ever!

34. He comes home for lunch almost every day.

35. He lets me go on and on about the latest "missing person case" I'm obsessing over.

36. I just like holding his hand.

37. He is a good balance to me.

38. His willingness to forgive.

39. He puts up with my frequent phonecalls while he is working.

40. He loves me. And I love him.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Deanna said...

I loved this list.... so sweet!

You were a stunning bride, too, by the way!!!! :)

Mike and Sarah said...

Awesome list! What a great way to honor your husband.

E said...

you did it! see, you could go on and on huh?? :) gush!

Charis & Judah's Mom said...

putting up with bank girl weekends is worth a few spots on the list, i think.

Lisa said...

Such a sweet list...you were a GORGEOUS bride!